Next Wednesday, May 2, Seattle Opera will participate in GiveBIG 2012. GiveBIG is a 24-hour community-wide challenge to give generously to non-profit organizations through The Seattle Foundation website. Last year, the first GiveBIG on June 23 raised more than $3.5 million in a single day through 18,800 donations from individuals.
On May 2 you can double your gift! Every dollar of new or increased gifts that you donate through GiveBIG to Seattle Opera will be matched by the Brian Marks and Carol Maione Challenge Grant Fund (up to $50,000).
How does GiveBIG work?
- Donations must be made through the Seattle Foundation website between 12:00 a.m. (midnight) and 11:59 p.m. on May 2, 2012, to count toward GiveBIG.
- Win a Golden Ticket: Every hour there will be a drawing for a $100 Starbucks gift certificate (for you) and a bonus $1,000 to Seattle Opera (attributed to you).
- At the end of the day, Seattle Opera will receive a pro-rated portion of the $500,000 “stretch pool.” (For example, if we receive 5% of the total donations, we will receive 5% of the “stretch pool.”)
What will my gift do for Seattle Opera?
- $50 (doubled to $100 by the Brian Marks and Carol Maione Challenge Grant) provides music and story time programming for early learners at a local library branch.
- $100 (doubled to $200) allows one child to attend Opera Camp through a scholarship.
- $200 (doubled to $400) covers the entire cost for two costumes on the Young Artists Program tour through the Pacific Northwest.
- $300 (doubled to $600) provides 75 Experience Opera students the opportunity to see a working rehearsal or a final dress rehearsal.
What will I receive for my gift to Seattle Opera?
- Knowledge and satisfaction that you personally helped Seattle Opera’s mission to create musically extraordinary, theatrically compelling opera in the Pacific Northwest.
- Donor benefits exist at each level of giving to enhance your opera experience. They include discounts and invitations to rehearsals, backstage tours, and receptions. Please note that benefit levels will be determined by the amount of the original gift, not the amount after it is doubled by the Challenge Grant. (If you are already a Seattle Opera donor, any amount you contribute during GiveBIG will be added to your annual total to determine your membership level.)
Help Seattle Opera stand out on the biggest day of the year in Seattle philanthropy.