Thanks to a special challenge grant, your donation to Seattle Opera through GiveBIG will be matched dollar for dollar.
How does GiveBIG work?
- Donations must be made through the Seattle Foundation website between 12:00 a.m. (midnight) and 11:59 p.m. on May 15, 2013 to count towards GiveBIG
- Win a Golden Ticket: Throughout the day individual donors will be chosen at random to have an additional $1,000 and a round-trip Alaska Airlines ticket donated to the organization that received their donation. The winning individual will receive a $100 gift card to Starbucks. Give early in the day to increase your chances!
- At the end of the day, Seattle Opera will receive a pro-rated portion of the “stretch” pool (For example, if we receive 5% of the total donations, we will receive 5% of the “stretch” pool.) Last year, the “stretch” pool was $800,000.
What can my gift do for Seattle Opera?
covers one music and story time program for early learners at a local library branch
What will I receive for my gift to Seattle Opera?
- Satisfaction that you helped Seattle Opera share timeless musical stories through mainstage productions and educational programming with more than 800,000 people a year.
- Knowledge that you helped secure the future of a world class opera company. We need your help raising $2.7 million before our fiscal year ends on June 30.
- Giving Benefits that bring you closer to your opera company.
Play your part in Seattle’s biggest day of philanthropy. GiveBIG on May 15!
Photo © Chris Bennion 2009